Thursday 16 July 2015

The introduction

I’m not much of a blogger, but I am a bit of a talker, so hopefully I can use that to help me with this blog over the next couple of days. I guess the best way to start off is to introduce myself: I’m Sibel, I’m 24 years old, currently completing my bachelor degree in media studies at La Trobe University in Bundoora. If I pass this one final subject, I’ll be wearing the gown and hat for graduation later on in the year. And then if things work out my way, hopefully I’ll be enrolled in Masters of Teaching. Outside of my studies, I have keen interest in animal rights and safety, food, films, useless facts, creating things from scratch, and The Simpsons (of which I am the reigning trivia queen).
            Why did I chose to travel to Mildura to attend the 2015 Mildura Writers Festival and study Writers in Action during the coldest time of the year? I suppose the copout answer would be to say that I wanted to finish my degree ASAP. But it’s actually because out of all the subjects available to me on the winter subjects list, this was most appealing and seemed very interesting. A week in Mildura to attend the Writers Festival and talk about authors, poets, books with new people? I’d be crazy not to enrol in this subject!

            Anyway, here’s hoping that it’s going to be very informative, fun, and exciting time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment